Nollywood Actor Opebe Battles Undiagnosed Illness, Kunle Afod Appeals for Help
Kehinde Adeleye
Nollywood filmmaker Kunle Afod has appealed to Nigerians and well-meaning individuals to support veteran actor Opebe, who is currently battling an undisclosed illness.
Afod made the appeal on Friday after visiting the veteran actor at his residence in Ibadan, Oyo State.
In a video shared on his Instagram page, Afod expressed concern over Opebe’s deteriorating health and urged members of the public to assist him in accessing appropriate medical care.
“Our fans, we have come again this time around for one of our elders in the industry, Baba Opebe. He’s not feeling healthy. His health is diminishing,” Afod said.
He added, “Please, if you know where we can take him to or any support you can give to him, please let’s help him. Nigerians, we want your support, we want your help. Please come to his aid.”
Speaking about his condition, Opebe said he had been away from the screen because of his health challenges and had undergone several medical tests without a definitive diagnosis.
“I have been away from the screen because of my health. I have done a series of tests but nothing was found. They only told me that I’m short of blood and I was given four pints of blood,” he said.
According to the veteran actor, he has been battling the condition since last year and has visited several hospitals in search of answers.
“I have been on it since last year. We have been to different hospitals. I was not diagnosed with any illness but it’s now getting worse,” Opebe added.
Afod’s appeal comes as concerns continue to grow over the welfare and healthcare needs of veteran actors who have contributed significantly to the Nigerian film industry.







