Words of sympathy and caution to the residents of Tanimola street, Isolo where a house was razed by fire came from council boss Otunba Adebayo Olasoju yesterday.
The house faces the palace of the Baale of Ilasamaja.
He counselled them to be cautious when handling articles and activities that could catch fire as the Harmattan winds tends to aid the spread of fire.
The incident, which affected traders and residents, led to losses of properties but no person has been declared injured.
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the chairman, Iskilu Alao described how the chairman contacted the men of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Services as soon as he got wind f the incident at 4pm yesterday.
Witnesses said that the fire broke out from the shop where chemicals suspected to be ethanol and the likes were on sale and spread to nearby buildings beside and behind.
Olasoju advised residents of Ilasamaja and other communities in the LCDA to adhere to fire prevention measures noting that the present climate helps the fire to rage uncontrollably.
“Our heart is with the good people of Tanimola and Aje streets, Ilasamja especially victims of the fire that broke out today. Needless to say that the incident has dealt a lot of worries on the victims who are already looking forward to Christmas and the New Year. May I, therefore handle combustible and domestic fire-making with utmost caution. Our prayers are that God comforts the victims and heal their wounds”he said.
Like this content?
Subscribe to Echonews to receive our community news update in your inbox