ENTERTAINMENTTOP STORIES

DapperDam Breaks Silence on Seyi Vibez, Shallipopi, T.I Blaze Allegations

Share
Advertisements

By Emmanuel Daniji

LAGOS — Music executive DapperDam has responded to allegations made by Nigerian artistes Seyi Vibez, Shallipopi and T.I Blaze over their dealings with him, rejecting the claims and insisting that contractual and financial records would ultimately reveal the truth.

DapperDam, who has been at the centre of a growing dispute involving former artistes and associates, addressed the allegations in a series of posts on his official X account on Saturday, August 15, 2026.

Rather than engaging in a detailed social media back-and-forth, the music executive said he would allow existing records and formal processes to determine the facts surrounding the disputes.

“I have nothing to hide. The records exist. The authorities have them. Let the process establish the truth,” he wrote.

‘Don’t Come Online and Spill Rubbish Narratives’

DapperDam accused the artistes of presenting what he described as misleading narratives to the public.

“Don’t come online and spill rubbish narratives, & lies, only to mislead the public!” he stated.

He also insisted that the artistes voluntarily chose to leave their working relationships with him, arguing that nobody had forced them to remain.

“You chose to leave! No one forced you, and we are still fine without you! Move on! Stop acting obsessed!” he said.

The executive further maintained that his relationship with the artistes was built around investment in their careers, claiming that he committed money to their projects before receiving music from them.

‘So Who Made Who?’

Addressing the history of his relationship with one of the artistes, DapperDam said the partnership began in 2021, when he allegedly invested in the artiste’s first project before receiving any music in return.

“For the avoidance of doubt, this relationship began in 2021, and it began with me putting money down for your first project before getting any music from you,” he said.

He subsequently posed a question that has become one of the most striking lines in his response:

“So who made who?”

DapperDam also used the name “Mr. Elon” while addressing Shallipopi, adding, “God made me, nigga! Dapper Damm, Son of God!”

He concluded the post with another pointed remark: “Mr. Elon! The jig is up!”

Challenges Artistes to Independent Audit

One of the central issues in the dispute appears to be money and the accounting of earnings generated from the artistes’ music.

DapperDam said an audit had already been conducted by what he described as a reputable company and claimed that its findings did not support the allegations against him.

“We already did an audit from a reputable company! Surprise surprise, who owes who?” he wrote.

However, he went further by challenging the artistes to subject the disputed contracts and financial records to an independent forensic examination.

He suggested firms including KPMG, PwC and Deloitte, as well as several Nigerian law firms, as possible organisations that could review the records.

“Any top law firm and auditing firm. Let them run a forensic analysis and interpret both the accounts and the contract for us, and tell you I cheated you!” he said.

The challenge places the dispute beyond the realm of social media accusations and towards formal examination of the contracts, financial statements, payments and rights attached to the artistes’ works.

DapperDam Disputes Appearance Claim

The music executive also addressed a separate allegation involving a scheduled appearance.

According to him, he attended the event in question while Shallipopi allegedly failed to appear.

“For our last scheduled appearance, you didn’t show up nigga. I was there, but you wanna come online and say, ‘let’s meet in court’, when you’re the one running from court,” he claimed.

The allegation adds another layer to the increasingly public dispute between the executive and the artistes.

However, as with the other claims exchanged by the parties, the circumstances surrounding the event have not been independently established.

‘The Records Are Available’

Despite the aggressive tone of some portions of his posts, DapperDam said he did not intend to engage in a prolonged public argument.

“I will not demean myself by disrespecting the one thing I stand on, which is my love for music. So I won’t stoop so low as to engage in insults,” he wrote.

He maintained that the relevant documents and records are available to the appropriate authorities and said formal processes would determine the outcome of the disputes.

“I have said what I need to say. The records are available. The appropriate processes are ongoing,” he added.

A Bigger Conversation About Nigeria’s Music Business

The dispute has once again drawn attention to the often complicated relationship between Nigerian artistes and the executives who invest in and manage their careers.

As the Nigerian music industry has grown into a global business, contracts increasingly involve management, distribution, recording rights, royalties, advances, publishing and international licensing arrangements.

Disagreements over those arrangements can therefore become complicated, particularly when artists become successful and the financial value of their catalogues increases.

In the current dispute, however, the competing claims remain just that—competing claims.

DapperDam has denied the allegations levelled against him and challenged the artistes to an independent audit of the relevant records.

The artistes, meanwhile, have raised their own concerns about their dealings with the executive.

Until the contracts, financial records or relevant legal processes establish the facts, the public is left with two sides of a rapidly escalating dispute.

And perhaps the most important part of DapperDam’s response is the one thing both sides now appear to be pointing towards:

the records.

 

 

READ TOP STORIES